Thursday, May 7, 2015
We've had a busy few weeks!
In library, we read many poems for poetry month and got to see ourselves as authors!
In math, we learned about geometry, the study of shapes.
- Identify solid figures by their flat surfaces, edges, and vertices
- Identify the plane shapes that form flat surfaces of solid figures
- Identify and draw polygons
- Determine if shapes can be divided into equal or unequal parts
We began learning about persuasive writing! We are trying to convince someone to think like us or act like us. To start, we made persuasive flyers for Earth Day! They came out AWESOME!
We've kicked off STARBUCKS at Memorial School! Students can earn rewards for positive behavior in the hallways, cafeteria, playground, and more! One winner from each grade level is announced every Wednesday. Keep working hard, kids!!
- Field trip money and permission slips are due tomorrow, May 8th! Our field trip is scheduled for Wednesday, May 20th.
- If you need assistance with Blizzard Bags, please contact me! After school help is available the week of May 18th.
- Memorial School Jogathon is scheduled for May 30th 8am-10am.... Second grade is supporting Challenge Unlimited!!