Have a lovely holiday with family and friends!
- Field trip permission slips to the Discovery Museum are due Tuesday, December 1st
- Parent/Teacher conferences are scheduled for Thursday, December 3rd
In math, we...
- Mentally added multiples of 10 to a two-digit number
- Mentally added a two-digit number and a one-digit number
- Added a two-digit number to a two-digit number using mental math
- Used a hundred chart to add 2 two-digit numbers
- Added using multiples of 10
- Used number patterns to solve problems
In science, we finished learning about trees. Students were able to walk around the classroom and view each others family trees and fill out a questionnaire. They came out great! We took pictures around the school of oak, maple, and pine trees. We used those pictures to sketch the leaves and seeds. We used a paper plate to learn about the inside layers of a tree.
A few pictures from our Veteran's Day assembly...
We started learning about Nonfiction Narratives (aka Biography). As a class, we are studying Amelia Earhart. We are researching her life, focusing on her early years, middle years, and final years. She is fascinating! We created and published a class book. Next week, students will begin individual projects and study a new person. Here's a look at the process we used...
Anthony and Gemma earned coupons! Great work!