Here is a quick update about some things we have learned over the past two short and snowy weeks!
- We finished Topic 8 (Addition with regrouping)
- Completed the Topic 5-8 benchmark assessment
- Began Topic 9 (Subtracting two-digit numbers)
- Played the topic opener game
- Learned how to regroup 1 ten for 10 ones
- We are continuing to learn about informative writing and research North America
- We are focusing on landforms and bodies of water, plants and animals, countries, interesting facts, and interesting places
- We learned how to use our own words when we research
- We learned how to use adjectives to make our writing more interesting
- We learned how to use linking words to connect ideas
- Next week we will begin to revise and edit so we can publish our class book!
The view from our classroom :)
- Our field trip has been rescheduled for June 4th
- We need cardboard for the gerbils!! Please send in egg cartons, paper towel/toilet paper rolls, cereal boxes, etc.
- Gerbil permission slips are due on Monday
- Valentines can be passed in any day next week (no food or candy)
- Scholastic book clubs are due Feb. 12th